God Is Majestic
1 O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth,
Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!
· Perhaps we commonly err in attempting by conjecture to fix on some event in history, as the key of the interpretation of any Psalm. [hermeneutics]
· [I]t is safe and proper to say that the obvious sense of the words grammatically construed must give us the primary meaning, and then that any authorized or sober use of a secondary import may properly be received. [hermeneutics]
· We must not give up the truths of natural religion.
· What revelations are effected by redemption. The whole of man’s happy state lost by sin is recovered and restored by faith in the incarnation and mediation of Jesus Christ.
· Sin will pervert anything, even the noblest truths and sciences.