God Remembers the Poor and Needy
18 For the needy will not always be forgotten,
Nor the hope of the afflicted perish forever.
· One of the strongest marks of wisdom is simply to know whence our help comes.
· “In their greatest straits, God’s people shall find themselves garrisoned by omnipotent love.” (Morison)
· “Not any benefit or gift received of God, but God himself, and his free favor is matter of the believer’s joy.” (Dickson)
· “The better God is known, the more he is trusted.” (Henry)
· The holiest mere man that ever lived had great need to cry for mercy.