God Mercifully Pardons
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
So great is His lovingkindness toward those that fear Him.
· “Let our sharpest trials not silence the voice of our thanksgiving.”
· “Whatever others do, let me do service to my God. Whatever others love, let me love my Redeemer. Whatever others glory in, let me glory in the Lord.”
· “. . . it is evident that no matter has stronger claims upon our study and our thankfulness than the forgiveness of sins.”
· “’Pardon is not a state to which the believer raises himself by a long and holy course—it is an act of God’s free mercy and grace in Christ Jesus.’”
· “By pardon the God-man imparts health to the conscience and by sanctification he infuses health into his affections. Pardon and purity are the medicines of the Gospel.”