Praise / Wisdom / (Korah)
I Am Blessed by Dwelling in You
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield:
The LORD gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
· If our way is through the valley of Baca, by God’s grace we may make it a well and find refreshment. From the tone of Paul’s Epistle to the Ephesians, or the spirit of Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress, who would suspect that either of these works was written from a prison? It is much more important for us to learn wisdom by our trials than to escape from them.
· Prayer should not be counted a mere form. Its end is not secured till we get the answer.
· We cannot make too constant use of Christ’s mediation.
· One reason why many doubt their piety is because it is doubtful.
· When the prophet says that God will withhold no good thing from his people, he includes not only such things as they may esteem good, but all things that are really such.