Praise / Thanksgiving (individual, community)
Shout Joyfully to God!
1 Shout joyfully to God, all the earth;
2 Sing the glory of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
· How glorious will be the day when the fullness of the Gentiles shall be brought in, and all the earth shall serve Jehovah and his Christ.
· The whole of life is a test, a trial of what is in us, so arranged by God himself, and it is of great importance that we so regard it.
· However long and sharp the trials of God’s people may be, they shall have a happy issue out of them, and a blessed enlargement, which none but God can give.
· Especially should we feel and confess that we are miserable sinners, and so must ever come with a deep sense of unworthiness, and with a lively faith in the great sacrifice of the one Mediator.
· “The prayer which is heard is the prayer of the penitent, heartily grieved and wearied with sin, hating and longing to be delivered from it.” (Horne)
· “If I have favorable thoughts of iniquity, if I love it, indulge it, allow myself in it, if I treat it as a friend, and bid it welcome, make provision for it, and am loath to part with it, if I roll it under my tongue as a sweet morsel, though it be but a heart-sin that is thus countenanced and made much of, if I delight in it after the inward man, God will not hear my prayer.” (Henry)
· “The feeblest petition of the repenting sinner, coming from a broken heart, will by no means be despised.” (Scott)