Hear My Prayer, O God!
1 Give ear to my prayer, O God;
And do not hide Yourself from by supplication.
2 Give heed to me and answer me;
I am restless in my complaint and am surely distracted.
· When we are rightly disposed, and guided by God’s Spirit, we may get an instruction from the most distressing events in our history.
· When God seems to hide himself from believers and their supplications, they should regard it as a trial of faith and perseverance, and not as a discouragement to prayer.
· “Prayer is the believer’s universal medicine for all the disorders of the soul within, and his invincible shield against every enemy that can attack him from without.” (Horne)
· Rivers of sorrow may roll over us, and mountains of care rest upon us, but if we cast all on God, he will sustain us.
· Whatever comes, let us practice the duties of piety, and especially let us exercise holy trust in God, which is at the foundation of every stable Christian character.