Wisdom / Torah
A Fruitful Life Comes from Wise Choices
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.
· What the fool does in the end, the wise man does in the beginning.
· Scorning is an old artifice to keep conscience quiet.
· When a man commences a downward course, there is no telling where he will stop.
· All sin hardens the heart, stupefies the conscience, and shuts out the light of truth.
· He who would be truly blessed, must become a student of Scripture. There is no substitute for this. God’s word is able to make men wise unto salvation. It is quick and powerful. Nothing so penetrates the heart of man. With a good man it has authority.
· Hell follows close on the heels of transgression. The rivers do not more naturally run into the sea, than does iniquity tend to ruin.
· No man will make his case worse by honestly looking into it. Some have escaped a dreadful overthrow by finding out in time that they were self-deceived.