Lamentation (persecuted and accused) / Trust (individual)
Be Still Before God
4 Tremble, and do not sin;
Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.
· How blessed is the doctrine of the divine mercy. It is all our hope.
· The people of God never act more wisely than when they trust and hope in him, even in the darkest times. Reliance on God is as safe for us as it is honorable to him.
· The way to any great attainment is usually steep and rough. This is true in everything. It is especially true in moral attainments. Let not the children of God be discouraged through the greatness of their way. No strange thing has happened to them.
· Let us use all proper efforts, and then not rely on means but on him, who has ordained them.
· Self-examination is a duty of true religion under all dispensations. . . . [S]urely a wise man will deal honestly with himself before the day of final trial shall come.